Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Can I use a sp time clock to break one leg of the 208v feeding a 30a space heater? I believe that is what a t-stat would do (like baseboard heaters). I've never had a request for this.
Why not just install a programmable tstat , timeclock built in, simple and easy.

·
Fond of three phase
1,649 Posts
Why not just install a programmable tstat , timeclock built in, simple and easy.
Most of the reasonably priced programmable t'stats are for low voltage loads. You still have to install a three pole contactor, rated for the load. If you can find a suitable 24 volt contactor, a transformer is needed to pull in the contactor. :rolleyes:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Most of the reasonably priced programmable t'stats are for low voltage loads. You still have to install a three pole contactor, rated for the load. If you can find a suitable 24 volt contactor, a transformer is needed to pull in the contactor. :rolleyes:
Most electric space heaters I have installed have contactors in them controlled by tstat leads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.