Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to delay a transfer switch for about 60 seconds to allow a relay in a electric heat strip to cool down and open. I bought a Finder 85.02. I know I have the correct coil voltage, 12v, I have the right contacts, DPDT. I believe I set the time frame correctly 5 to 100 seconds, will set it for 60 sec. I set the dip switches for AI. Looking at the diagram, I am unsure what it means, the bar graphs.

Ideally what I want is for 12v to be applied to the coil. Timer starts, waits 60 sec and then closes contacts for as long as utility power is out. When utility comes back, 12v is removed from coil and contacts open immediately. Will this do that?

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
It's European so they're using the "U" convention for voltage, and "T" to represent how long the contacts are held.

Those bar graphs show what would happen to each timing cycle when voltage is applied or removed. For example, SW is a repeating cycle for as long as voltage is applied, with "on" and "off" being the same duration.

It looks to me like you want AI which is an "on delay" when voltage is applied and then "hold" until voltage is removed.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'll start by saying I have little experience with transfer switches, but control is my area. Is this rely energized on loss of utility power or on the presence of utility power?

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12v applied to coil of ice cube relay in transfer switch upon loss of utility. There is about a ten second delay during start and run up.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,701 Posts
You should wear boots or at least flip flops when doing electrical work so you don't get shocked.

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No electrons moved during this post. Sitting in the comfort of my living room/office.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts