Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Estwing magic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an occ sensor in a bathroom. Lutron said one minute should be good enough. So I'm taking a leak and the light goes out. I have to take one hand off The Monster to wave at the sensor. I think I strained my back :( .

Should I increase to five minutes?

Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
You pee for more than a minute ?? :surprise:

Or did you spend 50 seconds looking for him :biggrin:

Mod茅rateur
I would set at least 10 minuites cuz someone will make heckva a stink in bathroom and when the light go off ., someone will cuss like nuts.,

Second reason why at 10 min because the fart fan running same time.,,

Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
If it's a medical facility make it for max.
Nothing worse then sitting on the can after a "scope job" prep and having the lights go out.

Other then that I would make it 15..

Registered
Had the ones at work set at 15 min. and one employee complained that he could not finish a game of solitaire before the lights went out. Had to set to 30 min. Always put exhaust on its own sensor set for longer then the lights.

Estwing magic
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would set at least 10 minuites cuz someone will make heckva a stink in bathroom and when the light go off ., someone will cuss like nuts.,

Second reason why at 10 min because the fart fan running same time.,,
Good point. Fart fan is on it too. Not everone smells like a rose.

Estwing magic
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had the ones at work set at 15 min. and one employee complained that he could not finish a game of solitaire before the lights went out. Had to set to 30 min. Always put exhaust on its own sensor set for longer then the lights.
Nice in theory but not on a Splash n Dash. Drawings say one, they get one.

Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
It takes at least 50 seconds to uncoil The Monster. Any advice for a sore back?
:vs_laugh:

I feel for ya ... I suffered with a sore back for years ! Now I wear a backpack filled with a bunch of books .... evens out the load :biggrin:

Estwing magic
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:vs_laugh:

I feel for ya ... I suffered with a sore back for years ! Now I wear a backpack filled with a bunch of books .... evens out the load :biggrin:
It's a Canadian thing, 'nut. Thanks for the advice. I'll fill a backpack up with power tools and pipe wrenches.

Premium Member
I installed an occ sensor in a bathroom. Lutron said one minute should be good enough. So I'm taking a leak and the light goes out. I have to take one hand off The Monster to wave at the sensor. I think I strained my back :( .

Should I increase to five minutes?
Increase the sensitivity.
Its possible the detectable object is too small

Registered
Indusctrial Constructiona and a fringe of residential and commercial service
15 minutes for regular bathrooms, 30 minutes for accessible bathrooms.

Yep. This.

Nice in theory but not on a Splash n Dash. Drawings say one, they get one.
Naturally all the guidelines are out the window when the facility is designed to be actively hostile.

Premium Member
In commercial work I always max them out and let the occupant change them if they want. On one occasion there was a print note that said something, which I summarily ignored anyhow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts