Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to build a 250 ft strut rack (cantruss) with a ceiling elevation from 8 ft to 15 ft and steps along the way.

My question is,

would you snap lines on the ceiling at both ends of the strut and drill after or would snapping a line in the center of the run be more efficient.

How do you limit how twisted your rack will end up if you snap in the middle. This is in the drive isle of a parkade so it has to look straight.

Its not rocket science but just curious if someone has a cool tip out there for a fast efficient install.

Thanks
Sparkshow Vancouver is online now Report Post

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Laser level

Shoot one line, mark the interval for support, hammer drill the support points, cut the strut, drill the strut, anchor the strut on the laser side and use a square to mark the other hole and hammer drill it and anchor it.

Done and done, collect money, get beers!

(Adjust install depending on exactly how you are supporting/mounting the strut)

·
Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
3,891 Posts
I agree with FS, laser is the way.

Do you have to hang from ceiling or can you come from the wall? May find it easier to install on the wall. I have mounted cable tray on the wall to speed installation. Although more expensive, the installation time to mount / hang cable tray is much faster then doing multiple racks in the air; at least I think so. I also think it looks just as good, especially if you are using teck, corflex, etc.

Cheers

John

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
how come they closed the other Tips on building a long Strut Rack w/ different elevations thread ? I liked that one better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.