Electrician Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Other than a light directly over the shower in a few areas I have never heard of bath lights needing a GFI. Whats his code reference?

BTW, what make panel is this, most breakers today will fit in older ones.
Wall sconces accessible from the bath and shower. I don't know if there is a specific code rule (it's Canada) but I don't have an issue with his decision. It's a complicated bathroom.

Sylvania bolt-in.

·
Estwing magic
27,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Installed the blank front GFCI and it was holding when I left. Like I said before, it can take hours to trip on the lighting alone. Hopefully this solves the problem. Thank you for your advice :) .

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Installed the blank front GFCI and it was holding when I left. Like I said before, it can take hours to trip on the lighting alone. Hopefully this solves the problem. Thank you for your advice :) .
Hope it works out.

If it makes you laugh I heard over at what I believe was Mike holt of some guy drying his dog collars on a bathroom vanity light where the collar would slip down and trip the AFCI:laughing: Just thought of that now, still get a kick out of it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.