Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want get some ideas & thoughts on the above. i have a chance to purchase two of these for $300. they were accidentally scrapped from a pump company. employee was to take off the scrap , so he took two generators with him. one is an 8000 watt unit ,the other a 8500 watt with electric start. the battery looks new on the electric start.the yardman was told to keep them by the company . he would take it out of the employee's pay. just wanna here some thoughts before i dive in.THANKS!

·
Premium Member
18,612 Posts
just want get some ideas & thoughts on the above. i have a chance to purchase two of these for $300. they were accidentally scrapped from a pump company. employee was to take off the scrap , so he took two generators with him. one is an 8000 watt unit ,the other a 8500 watt with electric start. the battery looks new on the electric start.the yardman was told to keep them by the company . he would take it out of the employee's pay. just wanna here some thoughts before i dive in.THANKS!
Stay out of it. They should return them to the owner for the scrap price they were paid for them. Another thing is that they could have been stolen or flooded and they are telling you a BS story to get rid of them.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
They are just cheap generators sold at expensive prices.

Unless there running and producing power they had better look new for 150 each. Lots of company's buy generators and throw them away as it not worth having them fixed compared to buying a new one. All you have to do is buy a generator for a job then leave it in a shed for a year or two and its scrap metal.
If you know how to repair them and you have the spare time then you might make a few dollars or you might be out of pocket $300. Even running they are only worth the same as a comparable sized used generator so maybe 250 each. Honda is the only generator that seems to hold its value and titan isn't a honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts