Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am remodeling my rental in hopes of cashing in after 29 years of being a landlord. I have bought an electric Hallman duel fuel range.

I had to abandon the 220 for the existing the dryer outlet inorder to give it to the range. I pulled in new 10/3 and am going to put that on the dryer breaker.(double 30)

When I looked hard at the panel I am wondering if I should pay to have it upgraded to 200 amp. I add up the breaker ratings and get 305 amps. Its a 1050 square foot 3/2 so I get 3150 watts needed by sq footage and add on 8400 watts for appliances etc so a total of 11550 watts which I think equates to 96.25 amps (11,550/120 = 96.25).

In addition there are 3 chases on the outside wall of the house
1. for the one 220 being abandoned and
2. one for 4 romex and
3. one for 2 romex (all adds to original panel install)

The breakers in the panel are
7-20 amp
7-15 amp and
one double 30 amp (for the new range)

This home survived since 1959 to 1989 as homeowners home and the last 29 years as a rentaql--with no cvomplaints on elcetrical.

What do you think?

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,908 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.