Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced 5 enclosures in a pool house. Everything metal in the room looks like this. They keep their chlorine and some hydrochloric acid in this room. They just replaced a heater for $17k and paid me $4k. I told them they have to get the chemicals out of this room. All the equipment is only 5 yrs old.

Attachments

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Replaced 5 enclosures in a pool house. Everything metal in the room looks like this. They keep their chlorine and some hydrochloric acid in this room. They just replaced a heater for $17k and paid me $4k. I told them they have to get the chemicals out of this room. All the equipment is only 5 yrs old.
Nice, just 5 years hopefully they will ignore you and you can fix that in five years:laughing:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
There is a motel out here that I used to service, with a panel in the pool pump room. The neutral bar in that panel looks exactly like your pic. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can stand up to the chlorine in there.

But theres no way they would pay me (or anybody) to fix it. They got sick of me charging Real prices to fix their stuff, when they could just stick a down-on-their-luck drunk in one of the back rooms, and make him work like a slave for room & board.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nice, just 5 years hopefully they will ignore you and you can fix that in five years:laughing:
Yes they usually do. I had one idiot "maintenance manager" (yes I use that term very loosely) look a at a panel like that when I told him his weren't long for this world. His reply was that they were going to have someone scan them all with an IR camera :eek: He still had a dumbfounded look on his face when after I stopped laughing I told him the IR budget could pretty much pay for the bad panels.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black Dog said:
I will be replacing the motors soon when they start to fail. Its a country club. When I told them that they have to get the chemicals out of the room they said "thats not an option. The members wont want that eyesore." But if the members knew how much of their money was being used to fix this problem.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sparky J said:
Yes they usually do. I had one idiot "maintenance manager" (yes I use that term very loosely) look a at a panel like that when I told him his weren't long for this world. His reply was that they were going to have someone scan them all with an IR camera :eek: He still had a dumbfounded look on his face when after I stopped laughing I told him the IR budget could pretty much pay for the bad panels.
I opened both panels. Their not too bad but definite signs of corrosion/oxidation.

And to top it off, all of their pool bonding is done in this room with bare copper. I put a disclaimer on my invoice that if that wire corrodes away someone could be killed. We will see if that opens their eyes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.