Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen these ridiculous things?

I could not even find one the the net, but it must be expensive because thats how this guy is.

Anyway, we are on our way out to a sequence chiller, and this is one of the few times I have worked with this young guy.

I have my laptop in its case, maybe a screw driver and a channel locks.

This kid has this monster backpack, must weigh 100 pounds, crammed full of every tool imaginable.:laughing:

It looked ridiculous and I was embarrassed to be associated with him.:blink:

I miss my old, regular toolie. He may not have been the most capable guy on the planet, but at least he never looked like a gay mountain climber in the Swiss alps.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,171 Posts
One of my coworkers has a back pack. He has used it for years. He thinks its great only because he don't fit a tool belt. He's a great guy who is retiring at the end of December.
I didn't like his pack, to much stuff in a 2# bag.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts

I could not even find one the the net, but it must be expensive because thats how this guy is.

Anyway, we are on our way out to a sequence chiller, and this is one of the few times I have worked with this young guy.

This kid has this monster backpack, must weigh 100 pounds, crammed full of every tool imaginable.:laughing:

I miss my old, regular toolie. He may not have been the most capable guy on the planet, but at least he never looked like a gay mountain climber in the Swiss alps.
http://www.vetopropac.com/products/tech-pac

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-55421-BP-Tradesman-Organizer/dp/B006QG36NA

yea man I have no idea where he got it from, i couldn't find any online either :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

Do you live under a rock?

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Yea pretty much.

He left another forum because there was a link to Facebook on it and "someone can track you down and kill you" from Facebook.........

Reactions: undeadwiring

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
lefleuron said:
Its not a Veto though, that would be hard to miss. This thing is about 1 and 1/2 that size. It looks like a full size back-pack for camping or some such.
There are dozens and dozens of tool back packs. Klien, clc, awp, veto. Pretty much every tool bag company has an entire line of backpack tool carriers these days.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Its not a Veto though, that would be hard to miss.

This thing is about 1 and 1/2 that size. It looks like a full size back-pack for camping or some such.
Who cares? I bet you are thankful when you need to borrow something because your laptop, screwdriver, channel locks weren't the only thing you needed.

Your head would explode when you saw me wheeling my backpack around on my hand cart (fold able dolly).

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts

Carry your own ****ing tools then. I hate arseholes that walk around and use the apprentices tools, earns no respect from the boys and they look like ****wits when theres nobody around to lend them tools.

·
Waaambulance Driver
630 Posts
I have one. It is extremely handy. I do start ups and instrumentation and cover a lot of ground. It is handy having what I need on my back leaving my hands free. Mine has room for my meters and tools. Saves me a lot of trips back to the van or trailer to get the tool I did not bring in my pocket.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
One of these days I'll pull the trigger on a backpack. I've been holding off because I want a closer look at Klein's, but can't find anyone in southern Maine that stocks them.
Is there room for a laptop in that Tech Pac?
Maybe a small one, like a notebook or tablet. I have a Latitude E5510 and I actually brought it in the store to try and get it into the Tech Pac I was looking at: Wasn't even a close fit.

·
Senior Moment
7,942 Posts
In use a backpack a lot. I need to pack in to some sites and I like to have my hands free (especially in hunting season). I've packed out after transportation equipment failure, had my tool partner tiewrap a 3' ladder to my pack then hiked down a mountain. It's also fast to load and unload from cargo bays.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts

Some say ignorance is bliss.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts