Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior Mint
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info of your experience, good or bad, with your tools. Help others not get burned buying junk.

·
Junior Mint
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Diagonals

Blew up my Klein dikes. Should I try another brand? Anyone have good luck with something else?

·
1st LT
40 Posts
This is a list of stuff that i use simply because ive like them over other brands ive tried.

Linemens- Knipex 09 12 240 cushion grips are the best.

Needle Nose - Klein Journeymen

Dikes - 74 02 200 Knipex 8 inch HIGH LEVERAGE DIAGONAL CUTTER -
COMFORT GRIP

Pump Pliers (channelocks) - Knipex ones are very nice also. But Klein makes decent ones along with of course channelock.

Strippers - Ideal reflex t stripper.

Meters and testers - Fluke i have the 179 but the 87v is much nicer

Screw Drivers Nut drivers specialty drivers. Look into Wiha for screwdrivers but whatever you do stay away from klein on that one. Their quality has gone down...... if you buy klein might as well go to the 99cent store and buy their tools.

Power-tools. I prefer Milwaukee or dewalt

For a tool pouch look into Dottie or clc. Or the electricians tool pouches at home depot. youll have to read around for a bag.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I like my Klein linesman pliers because the rear edges are beveled. They don't hurt as much if you get caught in them. Course mine are getting close to being 20 years old. Any tool is going to blow out if you cut live wires. Klein nut drivers are not very good quality. Snapped the head off a 9/16 one just using it by hand.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I burned my knipex pliers when my tick tester didn't detect the voltage on a smoke alarm circuit.

I was pretty pissed about that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been using,
Milwaukee power tools, wera drivers, knipex and channellock pliers/cutters, channellock/irega adjustable wrenches, SK for hand tools.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ideal Industries and Snap on for all my hand tools, Ideal Industries for my multimeters and Ideal Industries for my data comm tools. Tempo progressive for my butt set and milwaukee for all cordless and corded power tools

·
Registered
263 Posts
I prefer ideal ratchet screwdriver for everyday use, wiha insulated screwdrivers(for panel work) ideal/knipex pliers, Irwin/ideal wire strippers (I have a pair of crocs on order, I'll see how those hold up.) I don't use nutdrivers too much so my craftsman/klein nutdrivers have been fine for me.

Milwaukee/makita powertools

1 - 15 of 15 Posts