Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
...used the DeWalt battery hammer drill, was less than impressed, expected more from DeWalt . Rate it a 3 out of 10
I've been using the M18 hammer drill for almost 3 years now,the cluch is now slipping from drill 1" auger holes in studs,instead of breaking out the super hole hog...:laughing:

I would buy another one if they still made them but I don't think they make them anymore.:(

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love the corded hiltis we have on our jobs, complete monsters. we have 2-3 on each site.

I have an 18v makita, I don't find it very powerful but the battery life impresses me. i love my makita impact driver. I'm hoping to get another 2 years out of them and I'll try something else

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,577 Posts
dmxtothemax said:
What about "Makita" cordless drills ! Real good stuff ! Mines old now, but just keeps going and going. New battery every couple of years. Good stuff !
Mine was great until I chipped a tooth off the gear.
Then it became a great hammer drill.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Jlarson said:
I don't think anyone makes a great cordless SDS. I'm partial to my corded Bosch bulldog, 222 something or other model number.
Right here. I use my bulldog all the time unless it's less than a dozen holes. The hammer only function is awesome when you need it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rollie73 said:
My cordless Hilti TE30-A36 combihammer drill is about the best I've ever used for major work but the Milwaukee M28 1" cordless rotary hammer will do the job but I find it chews up batteries very quickly.

Hilti........https://www.hilti.ca/cordless-systems/cordless-combihammers/r5483

Milwaukee......http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/0756-20

The big difference is the Hilti was almost $1900.00 to buy and the Milwaukee was right around $500.00
Tried out the 36v hilti with the dust extraction kit, worked awesome! Borrowed from sprinkler company doing work at the job site for a little bit. It is their company policy that they can only use hammer drills that have dust extraction systems.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Jlarson said:
I don't think anyone makes a great cordless SDS. I'm partial to my corded Bosch bulldog, 222 something or other model number.
90% of sds use is 1/4" and 3/8" anchors for me. I Can go all day mounting boxes and panels and strapping emt on 1-2 batteries. And that's with a $99 ryobi. How can that not be anything less than fantabulous.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.