Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here use a plain old toolbox for there daily carry? I have tried bags and backpacks and open top totes, none have come even close to the zen like harmony I feel with my new toolbox.

Attachments

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Does anybody here use a plain old toolbox for there daily carry? I have tried bags and backpacks and open top totes, none have come even close to the zen like harmony I feel with my new toolbox.
Good stuff ,back a few years I carried a metal tool box,but I've really found that the stuff in my belt is all I need,the rest stays in the truck till needed.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stuff ,back a few years I carried a metal tool box,but I've really found that the stuff in my belt is all I need,the rest stays in the truck till needed.
As a union hand I am expected to have a required list of tools with me all the time. That would be a big belt!:eek:

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Nothing has been more frustrating then tool bags, boxes and totes. :censored:

That box looks like it would just piss me off. :laughing:

Glad its working out for you!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Veto Pro Pac all the way for me, expensive yes, but man does it keep everything extremely organized - that alone justifies the prices. Efficiency leads to more productivity.

Plus for me the old tool box style can damage tools, if you got a file rubbing up other tools, not a good thing... but there is such a classic look to them.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes, I still use a Kennedy K-20 to carry a lot of my tools on a daily basis. I carry my "use all of the time" tools in my bucket with a bucket liner. I do mostly industrial maintenance, so i never know exactly what I will be into when I arrive on a site. I put my toolbox, my bucket and my dinner on my cart and I am ready for most things that i encounter. This set up has worked for me for a lot of years. I learned long ago that two smaller tool containers are better than one huge one.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I use a cantilever by Bahco, they type the latch cant give way and dump the contents for my ELV stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts