Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EMT/Apprentice Electrican
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got a Few Tools that I use, but I need an opinon. I have A pair 9's, Wire Strippers, Interchanable Screwdriver, A kobolt utility knife, A Straight utility knife, A pair Of needle nose Pliars, Tape messure.

I dont Know if it would be easier if I had a Philips and a flat head screw driver, or I should have an interchanable.

My birthday is comeing up soon, and I would Like to buy Some tools, anything I should Add in or take out?

thanks.
Cody

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Channel locks, SAE & metric hex key sets, drywall saw, torpedo level.

·
Golden Controls
616 Posts
I Got a Few Tools that I use, but I need an opinon. I have A pair 9's, Wire Strippers, Interchanable Screwdriver, A kobolt utility knife, A Straight utility knife, A pair Of needle nose Pliars, Tape messure.

I dont Know if it would be easier if I had a Philips and a flat head screw driver, or I should have an interchanable.

My birthday is comeing up soon, and I would Like to buy Some tools, anything I should Add in or take out?

thanks.
Cody
Even though having a 10 in 1 or an 11 in 1 is great you should still carry a full set of regular style screw drivers you never know sometimes the 10 in 1 doesn't have the right size shank and things of that nature.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Get, and I mean get one of those levels with the strong earth magnets. Checkpoint is the brand name . Greenlee makes one though it's smaller and so do klien, I can't tell you how good they are but you can't go wrong with the checkpoint. It's a must.

·
3rd Generation
1,638 Posts
In my pouch I carry a flat and a 10in1. I use the 10in1 for my phillips primarily. I do also carry a phillips in the truck. Make sure to get a beater screwdriver too. Or else whichever one you have will quickly become one.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
got a link?
It's next to the wire stretcher! I send all new guys in search of 45 degree tek screws, because they know about the wire stretcher gag already. When I did a lot of residential I would send greenies out for 45 degree spikes as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
It's next to the wire stretcher! I send all new guys in search of 45 degree tek screws, because they know about the wire stretcher gag already. When I did a lot of residential I would send greenies out for 45 degree spikes as well.

Actually DeWalt makes a swivel type 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" nut runner that go to @40 degrees, very handy for driving tight to a wall or obstruction. They work much smoother than a socket type swivel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts