Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't they make a level with a 22.5 degree and a 30 degree bubble ?? Instead of just 30 45. 90 and 0 degrees ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FrunkSlammer said:
They make all kinds of levels. All I ever need is 90 and 0. I could care less for 45, 30 or 22.5.[/QUOTE

I work with pipe almost exclusively so all I ever use is 0 90 30 I do with out 45 I wish Klein or greenlee or who ever would replace the 45 bubble with 22.5 it's far more usefull

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ponyboy said:
Stabila 25360. Best god damned torpedo you can buy. It's got any angle you need.
That thing is cool I actually have one but it lacks durability a couple of spills off of the ladder and the rotating bubble broke and the magnets fell out other wise a nice peace

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I'd pay good money for a level that had 10°, 22°, 30°,45° and 60°. I have the stabila level and it's okay.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Itsonlywes said:
That thing is cool I actually have one but it lacks durability a couple of spills off of the ladder and the rotating bubble broke and the magnets fell out other wise a nice peace
Crazy. I beat the piss out of mine and it runs great. They have a lifetime warranty I'm pretty sure. Are you sure it was a stabila you had? I only ask because the magnets can't fall out, no way no how

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ive been using this one for years. Has held up nicely, survived MANY falls and has supermagnets. I run a lot of pipe and anytime I'm running 3/4 or 1" I use the 30° bubble for all my offsets(unless I need to match existing/scribe method/can't use 30°) . Screw the bender notches, bends come out dead nuts first time every time using a level and bending from floor up. Pull up till level on the 30 bubble, flip and pull up till level.
I have a ****load of others- the Klein and greenlee short/no dog and the longer torpedo. The no dog ones suck I just use the regular old small not dog for pipe on anything but a hand bender.(and a protractor)

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I use a clinometer app on my mobile phone... I suppose thats a bit hack, haha.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
di11igaf said:
Ive been using this one for years. Has held up nicely, survived MANY falls and has supermagnets. I run a lot of pipe and anytime I'm running 3/4 or 1" I use the 30° bubble for all my offsets(unless I need to match existing/scribe method/can't use 30°) . Screw the bender notches, bends come out dead nuts first time every time using a level and bending from floor up. Pull up till level on the 30 bubble, flip and pull up till level. I have a ****load of others- the Klein and greenlee short/no dog and the longer torpedo. The no dog ones suck I just use the regular old small not dog for pipe on anything but a hand bender.(and a protractor) http://s95.photobucket.com/user/xprocharged/media/544786.jpg.html http://s95.photobucket.com/user/xprocharged/media/KGrHqJoQFGiRKmGBRwJu7obdw60_35.jpg.html
I have the same one just the Klein over priced version and I use 30s all Day but on occasion I find need for a 22 degree and I always wondered why these company's that cater to electricians specifically conduit bending would bother putting a 45 degree on there levels vs a 22

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Not sure how you could run pipe all day every day and only use 30s and 22s. Stacking kicks in tight spaces and matching existing mechanical will force you to use plenty of uncommon angles.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
ponyboy said:
Not sure how you could run pipe all day every day and only use 30s and 22s. Stacking kicks in tight spaces and matching existing mechanical will force you to use plenty of uncommon angles.
I like 10° and 22° s for as much as I can.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts