Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,673 Posts
You forgot #3 - Never eat the last bite of a sandwich
I eat out of the plastic baggie.
Potato chips are fun.
Forgetting a spoon when I have pudding is always a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Get your local inspector to put it in writing that you do not need to follow the NEC and torque circuit breakers, switches, and receptacles. Then I will listen to you. (but only in your jurisdiction.)
Also, overtightening distorts the threads and can cause loose and arcing connections.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,348 Posts
It's because he was tied up torquing device screws on a large house.
Look, this isn’t anything to joke about. Without proper torquing we will soon look like this..

Reactions: mofos be cray

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,348 Posts
But I backstab all my aluminum conductors. That's because I care about children on fire.
I only backstab on #12 and above, because I consider custom receptacle modifications the core of my business model.

Reactions: samgregger

·
Registered
Electrician
1,535 Posts
Bro... You take a long time to reply to a thread you started... last year...o_O
He has exactly two posts. On starting this thread a year ago and one replying to it. Seems odd. This is the one thing he truly cares about.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,348 Posts
He has exactly two posts. On starting this thread a year ago and one replying to it. Seems odd. This is the one thing he truly cares about.
It was probably him that introduced it to the CMP...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I only backstab on #12 and above, because I consider custom receptacle modifications the core of my business model.
A sign of seasoned pro. That's why everybody runs down backstabbing, they're not pro enough to know that the existing opening are only to landmark the place where modifications can be made.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,348 Posts
A sign of seasoned pro. That's why everybody runs down backstabbing, they're not pro enough to know that the existing opening are only to landmark the place where modifications can be made.
Wise beyond your years you are.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,673 Posts
An open end wrench?
Dam I wish I had thought of that, better then using needle nose pliers..

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,298 Posts
Oops ! I thought the title was "Touque for Receptacles and Switches"

Carry on ..... 😜

Reactions: tmessner

·
Registered
322 Posts
Removing the screws seems to be a waste of your time. If you work your time out I do not believe the scrap value will pay for the time wasted.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts