Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new reno today, as I was cleaning up I noticed something next to the side door I was using. It was a “Total Electric Award”. The house is 100% electric, one of the things we’re doing is ripping out all of the elect BB heaters in favor of a forced hot air system so maybe they’ll have to give the award back, lol?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this before? I’m sure it was from the heyday when electricity was cheap, house was built in ‘68.

Building Window Fixture Door Wood

Currency Nickel Money Artifact Circle

·
Registered
Retired IBEW inside wireman
525 Posts
And to add this to the subject, I believe then only 2 20 amps circuits were required in the kitchen. But all the top half of the receptacles were on one phase...the bottom half on the other....Kinda like the idea 'cause you could put 2 larger-load appliances at the same counter top side.....

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
And to add this to the subject, I believe then only 2 20 amps circuits were required in the kitchen. But all the top half of the receptacles were on one phase...the bottom half on the other....Kinda like the idea 'cause you could put 2 larger-load appliances at the same counter top side.....
Its all on one phase in single phase lol

·
Registered
Retired IBEW inside wireman
525 Posts
Sorry class...one 20 amp circuit is on the top half. say..circuit 1...The bottom on a different one...,circuit 3, as an example...3 wire common neutral ......Yes single phase...sorry for the kornfusion:)...In other news, ' 9-ERS won!

IN OTHER NEWS

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Sorry class...one 20 amp circuit is on the top half. say..circuit 1...The bottom on a different one...,circuit 3, as an example...3 wire common neutral ......Yes single phase...sorry for the kornfusion:)...In other news, ' 9-ERS won!

IN OTHER NEWS
i dont follow that sportsball

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
3,253 Posts
It was a thing around here too pre-AEP. Ohio Power provided some incentives for total electric homes, what the incentives were I’m not sure. Columbus and Southern and the Co-ops Buckeye Rural and South Central had no such programs.

·
Registered
546 Posts
one 20 amp circuit is on the top half. say..circuit 1...The bottom on a different one...,circuit 3, as an example...3 wire common neutral .
Prior to GFCI-protection requirements, thats what us folk in The Great White North did for years (except with 15A circuits). Technically, we still can if the receptacles are 59" or more from the sink...

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Prior to GFCI-protection requirements, thats what us folk in The Great White North did for years (except with 15A circuits). Technically, we still can if the receptacles are 59" or more from the sink...
When did canucktonville start with the gfis?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts