Electrician Talk banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just transportation

A just published survey at WirelessEstimator.com estimates there are 29,000 tower climbers in the US (interesting read). Longtime 'tower dog' John Hettish says it isn't about the climbing, "Climbing is just transportation to the work site." :laughing:

If antennas, etc, intrigues you, check John's YouTube channel.

Regards!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't understand this comment. If I can make $10,000 an hour that would be great but reality tells me I can only make $50. I am guessing you are a young democrat or a politician???

No, I'm 44, independent and lean towards the tea party.. It wasn't a well written response, honestly.
Contractors and tradesmen, in a vacuum, could ask for higher profits and wages. The downward pressure from low ballers, trunk slammers and contractors cutting the margins on a bid job to almost nothing. The margin is smaller, the tradesmen makes less the EC makes less. I'm not greedy, if the company is making good money, I make good money.
If this post is disjointed I had my gallbladder removed yesterday and I am on pain pills.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, good luck with that climb. I was trying to see what time it was on his watch. :eek: :laughing: Don't know what they get paid but for me it couldn't be enough to do that.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts