Electrician Talk banner

Trade school incident

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Toronto Sparky 
#1 · (Edited)
You don't hear much about the accidents at the voc. much.
It will be interesting to find out all the details behind this.
Very tough way to learn the dangers. lets hope he does alright and carries on.

#8 · (Edited)
When I took electrical shop the students connected stuff using 24vac .

Only the 2nd yr students could work with 120.

The teacher had to turn on the power (with a key) after wiring had been done.

Biggest danger I encountered in that class was blowing up capacitors with 24 volts :whistling2:

Kids will be kids.. It was funny when the paper came down like a snow storm..

#10 ·
My oldest son is taking some sort of "home repair technology" elective in high school for an easy credit. They're on the electrical unit right now, and I overheard him telling his mother that there was not enough 14-2 to go around, and they weren't buying any more. I gave him a roll of 14-2 off my truck, and when we got to talking, I found out they were working with 120.

#11 ·
My oldest son is taking some sort of "home repair technology" elective in high school for an easy credit. They're on the electrical unit right now, and I overheard him telling his mother that there was not enough 14-2 to go around, and they weren't buying any more. I gave him a roll of 14-2 off my truck, and when we got to talking, I found out they were working with 120.
Was it a Peter D special (you know the 25ft rolls they sell where he works part time :laughing:)? Or a big city electrician's 250ft roll?:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.