Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm currently an electrical trade student from los angeles.
I've so far learned about industrial control systems, dc and ac theory, and am currently learning industrial electrical power, electronic control systems and PLC . I've also earned my osha card as well. This field definitely fascinates me, and I can't wait to lurk around the forum and see what everyone shares. I'll be sure to share when I'm sure of something. Thanks for reading :):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
have you tried to get part time jobs with electrical contractor or electric motors shops?
donate as much time as you can to Habitat for Humanity learn the residential wiring and framing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you tried to get part time jobs with electrical contractor or electric motors shops?
donate as much time as you can to Habitat for Humanity learn the residential wiring and framing
Hello lep :)
Thanks for the info. I just created an account for HFH and am going to put myself on the list for training.

I'm trying to not get a job until the summer, since anything like might cause my grades and focus on schoolwork to suffer, if anyone thinks this isn't the best move please let me know.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm currently an electrical trade student from los angeles.
I've so far learned about industrial control systems, dc and ac theory, and am currently learning industrial electrical power, electronic control systems and PLC . I've also earned my osha card as well. This field definitely fascinates me, and I can't wait to lurk around the forum and see what everyone shares. I'll be sure to share when I'm sure of something. Thanks for reading :):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Welcome to ET:thumbup:

Sounds like a good school, learn all of the motor control stuff and you'll be worth a lot in 5 short years,,,Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
see if you can work 10 15 20 hours a week, try electrical contractors or electrical motors shops. see how that goes on if your grades can stay up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to ET:thumbup:

Sounds like a good school, learn all of the motor control stuff and you'll be worth a lot in 5 short years,,,Good luck.:thumbsup:
Yea LATTC is amazing as far as i could tell. I value the knowledge, thank you for being so reassuring

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see if you can work 10 15 20 hours a week, try electrical contractors or electrical motors shops. see how that goes on if your grades can stay up.
that sounds like the right compromise, and I'll call up some motor shops around here see if they need any hands. I didn't realize contractors would hire part-timers though?

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
that sounds like the right compromise, and I'll call up some motor shops around here see if they need any hands. I didn't realize contractors would hire part-timers though?
well see what happens, make some contacts and hit them up once a month to see if there's any openings. do the school classes have the same thing at night as they do during the day, ?see if you can go to night school., and work full time talk to your teacher see what options you have. how long is the school program for? anyways have fun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well see what happens, make some contacts and hit them up once a month to see if there's any openings. do the school classes have the same thing at night as they do during the day, ?see if you can go to night school., and work full time talk to your teacher see what options you have. how long is the school program for? anyways have fun
The school does have a night program, but its generally agreed that the quality of education isn't the same as the day program.

it's a four semester program, and i'm in my third semester, shoud i should be done in less than a year :) thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts