Always very sad to hear about a fellow electrician killed or injured on a job.http://tdn.com/news/local/rainier-g...cle_95c5a850-4919-11e3-a827-0019bb2963f4.html
I didn't know this young man, but because he was local, I'm sure our paths would have crossed.
this was the first thing we were taught in school, always think it's live,& trust no one!:thumbsup:No way,really,?:blink:
The issue here is no electrician, apprentice or otherwise should think that for one second. , if you can't see the other end of something is disconnected then you must treat it as if it's hot,even if someone else told you it's dead,check it yourself first.
That kid is dead now ,because it sounds like to me ,that guys like the above assume wires are dead , because their supposed to be and teaches his guys that.
Don't take anyone's word for it,,,,Check it yourself .
Every guy in the field must learn this,just because they tell us we have a safe workplace , does not mean it is.this was the first thing we were taught in school, always think it's live,& trust no one!:thumbsup:
they should be supplied and in abundance just in case you forget it at home...First thing the apprentices are made to buy is a volt stick with most of the tradesman here. Poor bugger.