Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, here's my setup. A 75 KVA transformer fed with 480volts is to be set 70 feet away in a separate room from it's provider, a 125amp circuit breaker. I then will leave with 120/208 on 3/0 to provide 200 amps of 3 phase power 60 feet away in a separate room. What am I doing with disconnects? I'm looking around for an answer as I'm a bit confused with secondary/primary needs. where do my disconnect (s) need to be? fused or non fused? If I install a main breaker on my panelboard on the secondary side do I need a disconnect located in the same room as the transformer? Or if I install a fused disconnect on my secondary then I can use a main lug only panelboard? Thanks for any clear concise answers. I have referred to 240.21 in the code but I guess my brain just dosnt function as well as it used to.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
What is your electrical related field/trade: Master Electrician Location Virginia I don't think so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.