Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
How about a slip on bushing over the end of the pipe. Just like you would for a phone pipe. Ive also put a connector with a bushing on the end of the pipe.

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
FrunkSlammer said:
EMT in resi, that's pretty rare. Not really sure if your inspector would allow 2 NMD cables, could maybe use 14/3 instead?
No not really. This isn't the Canaduh section

2 14/2s are fine in a from-to

·
Estwing magic
27,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some dumbass ran NMD through steel studs without grommets. It's a rather large utility room so I'm just going to abandon the offending circuits and run EMT on the surface. BX run on the wall looks cheesy.

·
Estwing magic
27,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EMT in resi, that's pretty rare. Not really sure if your inspector would allow 2 NMD cables, could maybe use 14/3 instead?
Two furnaces, two switch legs. I'll throw in a JB.

Actually, these upper crust clients like it when you give them the "industrial" look. I put a 200 amp fused disconnect in a basement once. The client is very proud of her "Frankenstein switch" :) .

·
332 Posts
The plastic bushing can be used as long as the cable can be stapled within 12 inches from the entry point. I've been told by a very picky inspector that you have to refer to chapter 9 note (9) pertaining to multi conductor elliptical shaped cable for figuring NM in conduit. It then becomes a single conductor that is figured at 53% fill. Basically (1) 12-2 w/g had to be in a 3/4 pipe. Then I've had another inspector say maximum of (1) 12/2wg in a 1/2, and (2) in a 3/4....

Edit... My bad... You're in Canada...what a waste of typing for me...

·
Estwing magic
27,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The plastic bushing can be used as long as the cable can be stapled within 12 inches from the entry point. I've been told by a very picky inspector that you have to refer to chapter 9 note (9) pertaining to multi conductor elliptical shaped cable for figuring NM in conduit. It then becomes a single conductor that is figured at 53% fill. Basically (1) 12-2 w/g had to be in a 3/4 pipe. Then I've had another inspector say maximum of (1) 12/2wg in a 1/2, and (2) in a 3/4....

Edit... My bad... You're in Canada...what a waste of typing for me...
It's not like we're building a nuclear power plant here. I'm sure what works down there works up here in a residential utility room :) .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.