Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
spaghetti slayer
223 Posts
Come on in boys.

The 48 contractors have the graviest of the gravy work.

Together we will all stand around telling jokes and hunting stories after coming in late following a night of drinking with the brothers.

Just like it is supposed to be, just like it used to be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
come on in boys.

The 48 contractors have the graviest of the gravy work.

Together we will all stand around telling jokes and hunting stories after coming in late following a night of drinking with the brothers.

Just like it is supposed to be, just like it used to be.

liar

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
mr hands said:
Come on in boys. The 48 contractors have the graviest of the gravy work. Together we will all stand around telling jokes and hunting stories after coming in late following a night of drinking with the brothers. Just like it is supposed to be, just like it used to be.

Not that you're wrong on the quality of a few travelers that are constant travelers w/ a secrete handshake. However, your comment seems to be placed and worded to just troll the thread.

·
13,020 Posts
Ignoring the inevitable bureaucratic delays, this project is scheduled to begin late 2014/early 2015. It'll be 3 years or so of work for several hundred electricians. Total price tag is $7.5 billion or so.

http://www.jordancoveenergy.com

Wyden and Merkley are onboard with it, not sure about DeFazio yet. Either way that will help get the permitting through DOE. Architecture and engineering is all done and ready to go for the most part.

Just to put bugs in y'alls ears.

·
Registered
31,849 Posts
I have only worked with travelers a few times.

The one guy had been traveling 30 years and had hardly ever worked in his local since turning out. Another guy was young had a trailer and was traveling for beaches in the summer and snow in the winter. Both were regular workers, showed up and did their job.

On another job there were quite a few travelers when lay offs came local men were let go (they were major slackers), the travelers went to the foreman and requested to be pinked slipped saying they could not work when local men were being let go.

All the travelers I worked with were class acts, doesn't mean there are not slackers and PIAs out there, just my experience.

·
Registered
31,849 Posts
Most of the travelers I have worked with over the years were good workers, if you excluded the secret handshake guys. I have always tried to represent my local by working hard and being on my best behavior when I traveled and was well treated wherever I went.
And I would think that is the norm.

·
spaghetti slayer
223 Posts
Come one, come all. Have a ball.

PM me when you get here. YOU need to find an RV spot though... there isn't a flat driveway without rolling mancave parked longterm for about 15 miles in any direction. So bring your sleeping bag, a blowup mattress, your favorite pillow, a roll of toilet paper, tin foil, your laptop with charger, a flashlight, handtools, (to find the toilet paper when the power gets discoed by the POCO, then tools to hook it back up,) Lets see, what else do you need to bring, 5 pairs of drawers, one of the pairs must be less than three years old. Socks, and also, a loner sock. The loner sock lays over on the floor by the edge of the blow up mattress. Your celphone, primarily to be used as an Alarm Clock, and as a device to connect with fellow travelers from your home local. Cash, cash, cash, bring your bankroll, you are going to need cash moolah to buy somebody's clean piss to get your drug test card. hmmm, what else should you bring, a fat stack of cool stickers from your home local, a pile of cool tshirts from your home local, (bonus for solid red shirts, cobras that strike, skulls union til I die, minus for any tshirt from a powerhouse job.) Bring basic toiletries, especially denture cleaner. Remember, food is only as far away as 7-11. Mmmm spicy dawgs, eeeek poop of fire. Preperation H. Rubbers. Fireball. A comfy camp chair. Quarters for the laundromat. A squirt bottle of Jergens. Soap on a roap. A solid white bath towel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just took one of those calls on last Friday. Some good hands up here and the travelers I've ran into were solid. Just raking it in with both fists. Starting 5/10s and an 8 this week. At $38 that's a healthy check.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do I need a state license first before taking the call. I know my CA one is no good up there. Can I get a temporary one or something?

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do I need a state license first before taking the call. I know my CA one is no good up there. Can I get a temporary one or something?
Oregon does not have a temp card. Not sure about Washington. There are calls for both out of Local 48

1 - 20 of 32 Posts