Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No thank you.

We all have our limits on making money and a landscaping business is out of my limits.

If I wanted to get rich in the landscaping business, I would do it.. I do not.
Then sub it out to a landscaper, mark it up, and still make money. It's not a complicated thought process.

Let me guess, you don't cut drywall for a box either?

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
I was given a 60's vintage walk behind ditch witch by a plumber buddy of mine.
The agreement was that I fix it and keep it maintained, he can use it whenever he needs it.
It has worked out well, but I have a full shop and very strong mechanical abilities.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Then sub it out to a landscaper, mark it up, and still make money. It's not a complicated thought process.
Don't know of any that I trust.. suppose if the day came that I did, I would.

Til then, I don't want to charge out for a service.. subcontract it out to some morons.. they screw it up and I gotta deal with the whole situation. No brainer to me, but everyone is in a different situation, have different connections and run different businesses.

Some guys won't patch drywall.. but I will! I'll even paint prime and paint for the right dollars.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
$235 for a daily ditch witch rental here. Never done it though.. always get the customers to take care of their own digging or hire someone else to do it.
Ditto....We simply say, "Do you want to pay us a couple hundred per hour to dig in the dirt, or do you want your gardener to do it?"

I have only had one person take us up on the offer in three years, she didn't have a gardener yet.:)

Reactions: swissmiss177

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Don't know of any that I trust.. suppose if the day came that I did, I would.

Til then, I don't want to charge out for a service.. subcontract it out to some morons.. they screw it up and I gotta deal with the whole situation. No brainer to me, but everyone is in a different situation, have different connections and run different businesses.

Some guys won't patch drywall.. but I will! I'll even paint prime and paint for the right dollars.
Well, enjoy making pennies while patching drywall. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.