Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wired two Generac transfer switches in parallel? I want to confirm wiring due to fact I can not find a wiring diagram from Generac. I did speak to someone who told me that there is a master and slave and the master gets all control wires while the slave only gets wires 23 & 194. I just wish I could find something in writing somewhere.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Has anyone wired two Generac transfer switches in parallel? I want to confirm wiring due to fact I can not find a wiring diagram from Generac. I did speak to someone who told me that there is a master and slave and the master gets all control wires while the slave only gets wires 23 & 194. I just wish I could find something in writing somewhere.
If the instruction manual says that in order to start the generator via 2 wire closing then you can parallel. However, knowing Generac, good chance that this is dome via micro processor. If the logic of the transfer switch is in the generator then you would need to contact Generac.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just wired a Generac 20k last week with two transfers wired in parallel and control wiring in parallel. Not a problem.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Guys, can u still use the min. size 18 for control if you also have the cold weather kit? (batt. warmer and oil filter warmer) They run off of N1 & N2.

Thanks.

·
Can't Remember
10,138 Posts
I suspect the 0 is there if you want to use load shed on the slave. I run #14 so that should handle the heat blankets. Not sure what the wattage of the sleeve that goes around the oil filter or the battery blanket. Good question. They are going to sell a (I think) Tray cable with six or seven conductors soon.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I suspect the 0 is there if you want to use load shed on the slave. I run #14 so that should handle the heat blankets. Not sure what the wattage of the sleeve that goes around the oil filter or the battery blanket. Good question. They are going to sell a (I think) Tray cable with six or seven conductors soon.
That would be nice.

·
Can't Remember
10,138 Posts
That would be my thought too. This was wet location/direct burial/ 600v. Right now six conductor would do.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
DIYer4Life said:
You got a place to recommend?
We buy a lot of TC from automation direct and cables to go. I got tired of waiting on supply house botching orders.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
*Wire and Cable to go

They'll custom order stuff for you too.
They don't have 6 conductor. I could get THHN-PVC tray cable with (7) 18 gauge conductors for 42 cents per foot. That's a lot cheaper (and easier to deal with) than pulling (6) 14 gauge THHN.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts