Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
In fact, you can run NM-B in liquidtight conduit as long as it's in a dry location and the liquidtight conduit is properly sized. Don't know why you'd ever want to do that, but it can be permissible with the right conditions in place.

Reactions: Mulder

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
..They have typically been one in the same for years now.
I think a lot of years. I still have a few leftover weird colors of #14 and #12 that are on metal spools, that's how old they are. They're dual rated also.

Consequently, I got some THHN the other day that were on plastic spools that were darned near indestructable. I'll have to take a picture of them. I don't know what brand it was. With the price of copper now, it's nice they're gonna start putting it on spools that won't break as soon as you look at it.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,516 Posts
With the price of copper now, it's nice they're gonna start putting it on spools that won't break as soon as you look at it.
:laughing: I know what you mean! My helper put 4 new spools of #8 on my truck bed and 2 of course fell out in the parking lot at the store. I said some colorfull words:censored: , and now im stuck with 2 almost completly broken new spools of wire.

~Matt

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
:laughing: I know what you mean! My helper put 4 new spools of #8 on my truck bed and 2 of course fell out in the parking lot at the store. I said some colorfull words:censored: , and now im stuck with 2 almost completly broken new spools of wire.

~Matt

You mean you actually recieved spools that were still intact? I can't order any that don't get delivered already broken. Maybe they think they're doing me a favor by saving me the time & labor it takes for me to break them myself.

Come to think of it, they also like to deliver pre-bent EMT as well! :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.