Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to start a poll but I was interested to see who still carries an Ugly's.

I've always had a current Ugly's in my main bag over the years and just the other day I decided to remove it. I am constantly using my phone to check things. I have a full NEC, white book, bending calculator, and quick references.

Ugly's has exceeded it's life span in my toolbag. How about you?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I'm not sure how to start a poll but I was interested to see who still carries an Ugly's.

I've always had a current Ugly's in my main bag over the years and just the other day I decided to remove it. I am constantly using my phone to check things. I have a full NEC, white book, bending calculator, and quick references.

Ugly's has exceeded it's life span in my toolbag. How about you?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-...00095018?cm_sp=BazVoice-_-RLP-_-100095018-_-x

Gardner Bender Ugly's Electrical References Revised 2014 Edition

Model # ERB-UG

Store SKU # 710038

(3)
Write a Review

$10.95 / each

1 in Stock at South Bay/Boston #2679

Aisle40 Bay011

(change pick up store)
PRODUCT SOLD : In Store Only
Item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI, or The Sunshine State:whistling2::laughing:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Bought one of those ugly books when I was a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice.. have never used. Probably carried it around for 2 years before I finally took it out of my tool bag.. now it's in my garage somewhere. Useless!
:sleep1:

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,315 Posts
I was taught by my parents to not lie. So here goes. I carry an Ugly's in my van, and use it frequently to double triple check my bids or my work. Oh yeah, this place is full of genius types who have memorized the entire Croft handbook, and all the Sq-D manuals, and every word that H. Ricter and of course Soars ever wrote, along with having attended every factory training that Siemens has run.
Yeah, sure.................

Liars. I wish I could play looney tunes music in the background when I read the lies the liars tell, like how Michael Savage does when he is playing audio clips of the fake liar politicians who are helming this country.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
I was taught by my parents to not lie. So here goes. I carry an Ugly's in my van, and use it frequently to double triple check my bids or my work. Oh yeah, this place is full of genius types who have memorized the entire Croft handbook, and all the Sq-D manuals, and every word that H. Ricter and of course Soars ever wrote, along with having attended every factory training that Siemens has run.

Liars. I wish I could play looney tunes music in the background when I read the lies the liars tell, like how Michael Savage does when he is playing audio clips of the fake liar politicians who are helming this country.

They also claim they can install a whole house generator in a half day too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Electrician's Bible App on Android. Has all the calculations and references you need that you would look in an Uglys. One tenth of the time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using electriciantalk.com mobile app
I wish I had an android phone now. I'm too cheap to get one though.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Where is this hate comming from for micmacman? Ease up kids. Although I don't think people lie about what they know. We all just have a tendency to overestimate what we do know and gloss over things that we don't know. Some of us aren't design building and probably don't need any formulas. Others just shoot from the hip becuase they weren't taught better.

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts

Wow, OK.

I fail to see where anyone is lying about carrying an Ugly's. :001_huh: That was the question, wasn't it? Are you suggesting that folks are lying when they say they don't carry one any more?

Anyway, I used to carry one, but now that I know everything about everything I don't need to. I have to admit, the reason I know everything about everything is because I carry a smart phone. :laughing: IMO the smart phone killed the Ugly's.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.