Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fluke Skywalker
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my house.

I would never butcher something like this in someone's home.

·
Fluke Skywalker
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking about getting a sheet of glass or old window frame? And putting the bottoms on top with light shining down through them also.

I don't know.

I'm gonna cut a bunch of bottles and put them together and see where it goes from there.

Bottles are easy to come by around here.

Attachments

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I use all listed UL parts, when assembled together make a listed UL assembly like the wine picture
a UL assembly is an assembly that is tested with the parts put together.

what you have is a non-listed assembly of some parts that, if they were used alone, would be listed.

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
I use all listed UL parts, when assembled together make a listed UL assembly like the wine picture
a UL assembly is an assembly that is tested with the parts put together.

what you have is a non-listed assembly of some parts that, if they were used alone, would be listed.

That was almost the exact discussion I heard between the owner of an artsy type theater and the EI .

:laughing:

I refused to hang the owners home-made Chinese lanterns over the seating areas....
he found someone who would...
and the EI had him remove them all :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
The first thing our inspectors look for is listed or labeled. An electrical "artist" doesn't have a chance.

" Artist Fixture " I've seen that problem before . The other problem i have seen with fixtures is " Antique " . I have seen a Chandelier from Europe that used the
metal frame as the neutral .

Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts