Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Former G.C.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There:

Happy Memorial Day to all. First post, about a post!
Going to ditch witch trench 36 inches to accommodate 2.5" conduit, seventy feet, box at street to side of house. Two elbows/sweeps maximum. That puts it at footer, which stick out about a foot past outside wall. Panel mounted inside on that same wall. I hear a post us therefore required at that spot for meter, conduit and lnbs to breach wall to panel.

Is this correct? Any ideas on how, or a workaround?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
Former G.C.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
House is finished, built, if that is what you mean. Trench not dug yet all of the way. Going to rent ditch witch, probably tomorrow. Inside electrical done, breaker panel installed.

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,362 Posts
Dig under the concrete and see if its really a footer, excess from the pour, droppings from the stucco. If its excess then a tap with a hammer will get rid of it.

·
Registered
Former G.C.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no. I was there, it is a foot and a half plus thick footer watched them pour it. I guess I could get someone to drill through it, but not sure I want to.

·
Registered
Former G.C.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I have to find those then. That sounds workable. Thanks so much. Supply house nearby.

Bob Zuvich.

·
Registered
Former G.C.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did not think of it, since there was so much going on and did not know that the block and house would be in that far from the edge.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Bobby Z.

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Don't damage the footer.
You can knock a hole in the wall, use an LB, and do a nice stucco patch around it.
Paint is new so touching up will be a breeze.

@Zukester you need to take any future inquiries to our sister site over at www.DIYChatroom.com.

This site is for electrical industry professionals only.
You have indicated this job is a DIY building your own home and that you're a former GC.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.