Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon a Unicorn Electrical Products meter base today. (Never heard of that name before.) Well, I found out that Unicorn was bought out by Milbank and I called the Milbank rep to find out what type of breaker this meter base would accept and still fall within the guidelines of UL listing, etc. The rep was great, he even said he would provide me with labels if necessary. Kudos to the Milbank for hiring this guy; he even knew the model number of the unit I was dealing with before I provided it to him. He knew it just by the way I described it. - Anyway, he said just about any Siemens or BR series type breaker is acceptable. In my opinion, this is valuable info for anyone who might run into this in the future... Just wanted to pass it on.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
I stumbled upon a Unicorn Electrical Products meter base today. (Never heard of that name before.) Well, I found out that Unicorn was bought out by Milbank and I called the Milbank rep to find out what type of breaker this meter base would accept and still fall within the guidelines of UL listing, etc. The rep was great, he even said he would provide me with labels if necessary. Kudos to the Milbank for hiring this guy; he even knew the model number of the unit I was dealing with before I provided it to him. He knew it just by the way I described it. - Anyway, he said just about any Siemens or BR series type breaker is acceptable. In my opinion, this is valuable info for anyone who might run into this in the future... Just wanted to pass it on.
any pics

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I've changed out a few unicorn metermains to Siemens metermains. If I remember right, the power company side is on right instead of the left like Siemens is. I remember having to do a lot of digging to shift underground conduits over when doing service upgrades.:censored:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Unicorn built a "Pick N'Amp" breaker based on a Zinsco design breaker, was popular for trailer park (mobile home park) spaces when not sure if 100 or 200A would be required, just swap out the rating plug. The idea is good but why use a garbage design? Since Milbank still uses a Zinsco design breaker, prefer to keep them on my "do not buy" list.

Milbank 200A 3 pole & Unicorn 2 pole Pick N'Amp.

Rating plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts