Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I knew we had a small union presence here in NC, I worked on a large job next to a Union EC several years back. Looks like they are trying to gain a larger foothold now. This ad is from todays Craigslist jobs section -

Commercial/Industrial electricians of all experience levels needed (Raleigh/Durham)
compensation: $10.33-$19.51/hr.

Pay scale dependent on verified work record and assessed skill level; ranges from $10.33 to $19.51/hour. Contractor-paid health benefits and pension plans.
IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) Local Union 553 is looking for electricians of all experience levels for short-term and long-term commercial and industrial projects. Applicants to the Construction Electrician/Construction Wireman (CE/CW) Program will need to provide work experience documentation. Through this program we provide manpower to our electrical contractors.
General requirements include:
• Ability to work in all conditions, indoors and/or outdoors
• Commitment to follow safety policies and procedures
• Valid Driver's License, Social Security card, and reliable transportation
• Ability to pass drug screening and background check as required by electrical contractors
Please submit resume with description of work experience by email and we will contact you to schedule an application and orientation session.

• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Wow, talk about inflation in Canada......... $19.51 is a Master's rate from most EC's here.

TWN
Holy crap. Our straight JM rate is just over 36/hr plus all the benefits. Comes to approximately 65/hr.
Foreman is 15% above that. (We pay our foreman 41.55/hr)
General Foreman is negotiable but must be at least 15% over the foreman rate.

All JM's in Nova Scotia have the same license.

·
Premium Member
20,097 Posts
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I knew we had a small union presence here in NC, I worked on a large job next to a Union EC several years back. Looks like they are trying to gain a larger foothold now. This ad is from todays Craigslist jobs section -

Commercial/Industrial electricians of all experience levels needed (Raleigh/Durham)

Pay scale dependent on verified work record and assessed skill level; ranges from $10.33 to $19.51/hour. Contractor-paid health benefits and pension plans.
IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) Local Union 553 is looking for electricians of all experience levels for short-term and long-term commercial and industrial projects. Applicants to the Construction Electrician/Construction Wireman (CE/CW) Program will need to provide work experience documentation. Through this program we provide manpower to our electrical contractors.
• Ability to pass drug screening and background check as required by electrical contractors
Please submit resume with description of work experience by email and we will contact you to schedule an application and orientation session.

• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
If you have any chance of getting in, jump all over it. I did it 30 years ago and never looked back. Guys that stayed are not doing much more than they were in 1984 and have zero to count on for retirement. I still love them but can't help them now. Do what's best for your 60 year old self and your family, not someone else's...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
MHElectric said:

[*]Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
They are recruiting for the program. The 19.51 is probably 80% of inside wireman scale. The Carolina's have some of the lowest pay scales in the country. Union and nonunion.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have any chance of getting in, jump all over it. I did it 30 years ago and never looked back. Guys that stayed are not doing much more than they were in 1984 and have zero to count on for retirement. I still love them but can't help them now. Do what's best for your 60 year old self and your family, not someone else's...
Im not interested in finding a job right now.

I left the biz and went back to work for somebody else for about a year, it was ok, but not what I was looking for. I found myself out on my own again, and im much happier. Theres no way I could have it this good working for a company.

Im not against having a regular job, it's just that isn't where I need to be at this point in life. Im exactly where i should be right now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
MHElectric said:
Im not interested in finding a job right now. I left the biz and went back to work for somebody else for about a year, it was ok, but not what I was looking for. I found myself out on my own again, and im much happier. Theres no way I could have it this good working for a company. Im not against having a regular job, it's just that isn't where I need to be at this point in life. Im exactly where i should be right now.
That's what I keep telling myself too....

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I keep telling myself too....
Im not to worried about it, Everything in life seems to run its course. There's always a start and a finish. None of it last forever.

When the good LORD has something different for me to do, it will be time to move on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.