Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 252 Posts
I take great pride in my installations, many of my own which have been running 10 years+ with no problems or defects. I have seen hack jobs installed by both union and non union contractors.

In my local's contract there is a clause about workmanship, basically if you do an unworkman like install you can be made to fix it on your own time. I have seen it carried out a couple of times.

In my local's contract there is a clause about workmanship, basically if you do an unworkman like install you can be made to fix it on your own time. I have seen it carried out a couple of times.
We have the same clause and I ( as a foreman ) used it on some crap work one of my guys put out. Shame of it is, I gave him the time and opportunity to do a good job - and a chance to correct it on company time. I also worked with him on my own time to help him fix it.

#Troll food alert#

Essentially whenever I run a job I tell the guys to take their time and do a good job, regardless of the costs.

We have the same clause and I ( as a foreman ) used it on some crap work one of my guys put out. Shame of it is, I gave him the time and opportunity to do a good job - and a chance to correct it on company time. I also worked with him on my own time to help him fix it.

#Troll food alert#

Essentially whenever I run a job I tell the guys to take their time and do a good job, regardless of the costs.
Same here. I have used this at various times to make JW's go back and fix their work.

LOL EE! What are you doing posting that here? LOL Oh boy...

Release the hounds!!

Steve from NYC

I removed #5 because no one remembers it. No one remember Reagan destroying the airlines and air traffic controllers either.

:laughing::laughing: Guess I got my laugh for the day. Reagan destroyed the air traffic controllers AND the airlines??? No I haven't forgot that he told the air traffic controller basically to quit breaking the law or he would fire them. And he did what he said!! Boy would I like to see him back again. Do you ever recall him apologizing to other countries that hate us????

I removed #5 because no one remembers it. No one remember Reagan destroying the airlines and air traffic controllers either.

:laughing::laughing: Guess I got my laugh for the day. Reagan destroyed the air traffic controllers AND the airlines??? No I haven't forgot that he told the air traffic controller basically to quit breaking the law or he would fire them. And he did what he said!! Boy would I like to see him back again. Do you ever recall him apologizing to other countries that hate us????
That is called leadership something the Governor showed tonight .

Reagan showed what leadership is ,He said get back to work or your Fired.

When our employee's said no ,He Fired them,,That is what a leader does he gives orders and expects the job to get done,,Otherwise those who will not do the job get fired.:)

Well, anyway he did break a very lucrative Hawaiian farming industry. Just say NO................:whistling2:

It's been so long, I could not remember.
I had to Google it myself.

From...."The Dawn. Sec. 297"

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

It seemed appropriate to the Union vs. Onion topic at the time.

:boxing:

It's been so long, I could not remember.
I had to Google it myself.

From...."The Dawn. Sec. 297"

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

It seemed appropriate to the Union vs. Onion topic at the time.

:boxing:
Well that sure is true.:thumbsup:

Welcome back .:thumbsup:Where the hell have you been?:laughing:

I'd like to say that I've been away learning how to live life.

But at 60 years old, I find that I know very little about anything that really matters.

There is one thought that I would like to add concerning the IBEW
if anyone is still interested in this topic.:sailor:

I'm only guessing, but I don't think my comments will ruffle feathers.

I finished my five year apprenticeship in the IBEW. (The first two years
of it were done with a non-union shop).

Simply stated, the Union benefits win.
My story is more about what I sometimes consider to be my worst mistake.

I spent all of my apprenticeship bending and installing pipe in commercial
and industrial buildings...mostly new construction.

After becoming Journeyman, I wanted to learn other skills of the trade.
I wanted to learn Residential wiring. I wanted to wire houses for a while
to learn and become efficient. The commercial jobs were slowing down at the time,
and there were many names on the books.
But I was always employed which caused resentment.
Since the Residential guys were always busy and their book empty,
I asked the Union leader if I could work Residential for a while to learn.

Can anyone here guess what his answer was?
And why?

201 - 220 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.