Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a call the other day for some work and He asked if I was licensed to do the work, When I told Him yes in Indiana He then asked what about Kentucky? When I informed Him I wasn't licensed to do work there He told Me don't worry I have someone who will pull the permit

I had to thank Him for calling but I would pass but if He had any work to do in Indiana to give Me a call, Thanks but no Thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Got a call the other day for some work and He asked if I was licensed to do the work, When I told Him yes in Indiana He then asked what about Kentucky? When I informed Him I wasn't licensed to do work there He told Me don't worry I have someone who will pull the permit

I had to thank Him for calling but I would pass but if He had any work to do in Indiana to give Me a call, Thanks but no Thanks
Did you post on the wrong thread?:blink:

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
There is a guy in my area advertising Journeyman for 40 a hour. I have received his resume 4 times now for a 4th year apprentice position. Temped to report him to the apprenticeship board but not sure if they would do anything.

·
Registered
413 Posts

I'll bet it was a set up too..:no:

·
Conservitum Americum
9,075 Posts
If they are anything like the motor vehicle department they create a license then suspend it. Bingo, the next time you are caught you are driving under suspension which is a misdemeanor. Maybe the same procedure?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
State by state laws are accessible here

~CS~
My home is in New York, but I own a retirement home in Florida. I wanted to transfer my tag down there so I could 1 day work down there in my "not so golden years". What a PITA told the wife I will work in NY for 8mos then fish and drink beer for 4 months down there when that day comes. There must of been 20 pages of things to do.....made tax heavy NY look like the wild west of contracting........which it is....but post Andrew is a whole new ball game in the sunshine state (breeding grounds of carnies).:laughing:no wonder there are so many trunk slammers the paperwork was enough to make me quit before I started. Plus a Florida business class?! On what?? .....I will probably need to rest anyways....Help needed: Fishing partner, must be strong enough to help carry beer and ice laden cooler. no whiners , fat chicks or carnies need apply.:thumbup:

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Drink beer for 4 months RGH?

After this winter, it don't sound so bad

and hey, i'm not opposed to the carnie thing either

we could do an electrical booth, you know, some sort of spin the wheel & we'll answer the diy'er Q deal....:thumbsup:
~CS~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.