Electrician Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,175 Posts
I wonder where all the furniture manufacturers get those call little intermediate base spotlight holders and lighting accessories with very long cords?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a retired electrical contractor and when we recently remodeled our kitchen, for uplighting, I used these 4' x 1' x 1" LED ETL listed fixtures from Costco that I connected using shallow 4-0 boxes and MC cable with Hardy Board where they rested on the wood. For the under counter puck lights, I glued four small spacers using high temperature silicone cooking mating material that I glued to them using Liquid Nails before using silicone to mount them to the wood. So far, no heat issues. I also installed a 1" wide by 8' long LED over our island which really set off things. It's not your normal type of lighting fixture and took a lot of searching to find it. I also did a lot of other fun stuff, like the cooktop vent and the oven that can be controlled by my phone so if I stop at Papa Murphy's, I can turn it on so it's hot when I get home.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Countertop Cabinetry Property Building Kitchen
Countertop Cabinetry Table Kitchen appliance Home appliance
Property Fixture Interior design Lighting Wood
Countertop Cabinetry Property Furniture Sink
Kitchen appliance Gas stove Kitchen Cabinetry Black
Property Gas stove Kitchen stove Kitchen appliance Stove
Property Cabinetry Kitchen appliance Gas stove Home appliance

·
Registered
Mislabeled, cut too short, and forgot a wire
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just to update, I went for puck lights, two per cabinet. The cabinets had glass doors and glass shelves, and were used to store crystal. I’m skeptical about LED adhesive strips, or rope lights. The pucks worked really well, all off of one driver, line voltage dimmable. Here’s a link. I need to go back and put in a dimmer soon so I’ll try to remember to snap a pic.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts