Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up. I'm Brian. Certified Georgia Journeyman. 4 year graduate at Independent Electrical Contractors. Fifteen years give or take service work experience.
I have always been told that being a electrician I could go anywhere and do anything. I wish I could say that was true. I can not find work to save my life. I have yet to find a contractor that is not corrupt in some fashion or another. I just want to work. Do my work by code, and work for a company that cares about there customers and there employees. You would think that would not be much to ask for but it is. Maybe its this area I live in and something in the water? Situations, examples, explanations, and ideas of mine will come in threads that I will post later. But till then, anyone wish to comment on why it is I can't find honest work being that I am healthy, drug free, sharp, and just short of being a absolute genious at what I do?? Thanks and glad to have found this forum. Brian S.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Most of us on the forum think we are the brightest in our field. Be prepared to have fun, bang heads, scratch, cry, smile, tell people to f:censored:ck off, pray, laugh, cough, hide and party like it's 1999.

:laughing:

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking at what I have wrote, I guess its kind of hard to respond to my introduction question being that its so generalized with no specifics. I just want to work, and work for someone that is honest, and I can't find that.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I am by far not the brightest in my field, but really take pride in my work and am sharp at what I do is more to the tune I should have originally stated. It does look like I am a jerk for my statement about the genious thing. I have always hated fellow electricians who bragged about how good they were so I most definitely do not want to come off as being one of those types.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
There's work out there, but you may have to unroot yourself from where you are.

Do you have wife/kids, or anything that keeps you in Marietta?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Let me be the first one you tell to F off. Maybe you cant get a job because you're ugly.

Seriously, welcome to the forum. You're gonna have a ball and learn a lot.

Hang in there. There is work out there. It just takes a little patience and luck.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
And I am by far not the brightest in my field, but really take pride in my work and am sharp at what I do is more to the tune I should have originally stated. It does look like I am a jerk for my statement about the genious thing. .
It really bothers those of us that are geniuses in our field.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Brian Stack, Also interested in Alternative power, fuels, ect. And gyrocopters.
Great to have you here. The only time I've been on a gyrocopter was when I went over the Grand Canyon... (just kidding)!

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, I'm single. No wife. No kids. Nothing to keep me rooted here. I would love to travel around and do electrical. I would go to a raghead country in a second from what I have heard they pay. Any leads I will follow up on. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
It's all about the money.

Conscience and respect get diluted when you start to deal with money.

It aint you,aside from you want too much ( no more than average people).

Your own deal is the only way, unless you succumb to the deviant ways of an employer.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
No, I'm single. No wife. No kids. Nothing to keep me rooted here. I would love to travel around and do electrical. I would go to a raghead country in a second from what I have heard they pay. Any leads I will follow up on. Thanks.

Yeah, I want you representing my country with that attitude.

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Welcome aboard Brian. Just a suggestion here. Is that your real name? And, if it is, do you want anyone to be abkle to stumble across this forum and identify you? Like you admitted, refering to yourself as a genius is a little over the top.

BTW, I ain't going to no raghead country, I don't want my head cut off. We need to round up all the ragheads in this country and send them back to where they came from.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts