Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any issues with drilling a PVC LB and coming out of it with carflex. Other than it being hack. Got a 1" LB I wanna come out of it with 3/4" carflex for a generator inlet. PVC feeds a sub in the garage.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
Any issues with drilling a PVC LB and coming out of it with carflex. Other than it being hack. Got a 1" LB I wanna come out of it with 3/4" carflex for a generator inlet. PVC feeds a sub in the garage.
Being hack in itself if a code violation.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Good question.

I'm sure the LB isn't listed to be drilled out, but either are most boxes that we drill on an everyday basis.

What about conductor fill?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bizzand said:
Good question.

I'm sure the LB isn't listed to be drilled out, but either are most boxes that we drill on an everyday basis.

What about conductor fill?
Conductor fill is fine. Pipe is oversized.

·
415 Posts
I posted this pic before:

image-8672157.jpg

This was done sometime in the 1970's and has been working fine for a long time. 480V for an air handler along with a DO for the valve and a 4-20mA for the flow meter all together.
Looks like reality doesn't care about a code book article.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Talking about hack!!!! I would never do that even if it wasnt getting inspected

Never say never. :laughing:

I've seen it and rolled my eyes.

I think I even did it on a 2" LB one time. Maybe I just saw it, rolled my eyes and thought, "Ehh, that's not too bad", maybe I'll do it some day.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
:thumbup: DO IT!!! And if you post it on here afterwards, you will be the MAN!!!!

Seriously, if this job as any sort of inspections to it, I wouldnt do it. IF NOT....I'd do it. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
hell yeah. wire the whole house in speaker wire. it might last forever. just make sure you use two wire recepts and plastic screws on the plates.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
you may have the maint. con now up until they bring someone else in to keep you honest. the new con says who in the heck did this? craps on your name all over town. you chose.. real electricians dont skimp to beat out another bid. kind of like a hypocratic oath.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts