Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a business owner what technology do you think helps the most?

Me I say it is the Ipad.

Reactions: HARRY304E

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the ipad, the cell phone.

I wish there was a way to consolidate both into one.

I was thinking of trying to get a printer to work with the ipad

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Upon some reviews and comments I have heard from some members here, I think the Blue-tooth will be the next peice of technology I invest in.

I spend alot of time on the phone, and I need to continue working, I think this will help with that.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Upon some reviews and comments I have heard from some members here, I think the Blue-tooth will be the next peice of technology I invest in.

I spend alot of time on the phone, and I need to continue working, I think this will help with that.
I use the blue tooth while I am driving

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even during Sandy when cell phones were down.. my pager STILL worked... I checked it a few times a day using a land line....

It must really suck to be you.. :no::no:
Enough of the " Cheap Shots"

·
Registered
4,182 Posts

I've been using a bluetooth for years

You may look and feel like a douche wearing one but your productivity won't suffer because of it

If you want a really good dependable Bluetooth, go to amazon and check out the Motorola H17.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
If you want a really good dependable Bluetooth, go to amazon and check out the Motorola H17.
Thanks for the tip. Think I'll order one. I hate bluetooth headsets, but I'm getting to the point that productivity is suffering, like you mention. :censored:

Do they run on electricity?

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been using a bluetooth for years

You may look and feel like a douche wearing one but your productivity won't suffer because of it

I have it built into my truck

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It is a mobile devise that fire departments and emergency personal STILL carry 24/7 because of its reliability...
Wrong the "pagers" that firefighters carry are not even close to the pager you use. The technology is not the same.

The pagers the fd uses are actually just a one way radio. The pager is "opened" by certain tones broadcast over the radio frequency, once the pager is opened it will receive any transmission on that frequency. These pagers only work when in range of the fire departments radio towers.

The pager you use is through a third party provider, just like a cell phone. It is subject to the same type of interruptions in service as any cell service. Those types of pagers are actually prohibited from being the primary notification system for emergency responders. There are quite a few departments that utilize smart phone apps, text messaging, or even pagers like the one you have as a secondary notification. However, because they are not 100% reliable they can't be used for the primary notification.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Wrong the "pagers" that firefighters carry are not even close to the pager you use. The technology is not the same.

The pagers the fd uses are actually just a one way radio. The pager is "opened" by certain tones broadcast over the radio frequency, once the pager is opened it will receive any transmission on that frequency. These pagers only work when in range of the fire departments radio towers.

The pager you use is through a third party provider, just like a cell phone. It is subject to the same type of interruptions in service as any cell service. Those types of pagers are actually prohibited from being the primary notification system for emergency responders. There are quite a few departments that utilize smart phone apps, text messaging, or even pagers like the one you have as a secondary notification. However, because they are not 100% reliable they can't be used for the primary notification.
Stop using facts to try and counter B4T's opinion.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Think I'll order one. I hate bluetooth headsets, but I'm getting to the point that productivity is suffering, like you mention. :censored:

Do they run on electricity?
The H17 is a few years old but its the best one I have found to use.

When my last one broke a few months ago after like 4 years of daily use I bought another one.

You can get one for $25 on Amazon with free shipping if you have Prime.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts