Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the GI bill during their apprenticship? I'm looking into using mine and had a few questions about it. Can you use it through the union? Can you do it non-union? Are the any stipulations that go with it in either direction? Any information pertaining to this will help, thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used it thru non union. i received a check for 100% for the first 6 months which was about $1200. then for the next 6 months it was 75% $900 and then 50% for the final 3 years of my schooling. just find your local VA rep and get the paper work started. the percentages are also from the total amout i paid in so my montly GI Bill for the amount i paid into it was around $1200 a month.

·
zap
1,332 Posts
I used it thru non union. i received a check for 100% for the first 6 months which was about $1200. then for the next 6 months it was 75% $900 and then 50% for the final 3 years of my schooling. just find your local VA rep and get the paper work started. the percentages are also from the total amout i paid in so my montly GI Bill for the amount i paid into it was around $1200 a month.
I used it also for non union. It took 7 months to get my first check. Each month you'll have to send in your hours and your employer will have to sign them off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts