Registered
2,966 Posts
Paid vacation

1 week after 6 moths

2 weeks after 1 year

3 weeks after 7 years

4 weeks after 15 years

5 weeks after 25 years

Required to take 1 week of vacation per year, can carry the remainder over to the next year.

When I retired I got a separate check for 8 weeks of vacation.

6 moths ???

You been in the wardrobe again ?

:jester:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
1 yr. = 1 wk.
2 yrs. = 2 wks.
5 yrs. = 3 wks.
10 yrs. = 4 wks. (this is the max.)

I usually take 2 wks. off in the summer and space my other 2 wks. out during the remainder of the year. We're not allowed to roll it over into the following year; it's use it or loose it (although you may cash it in without taking the time off - unless you're salary). Vacation is typically granted first-come first served.

We also get 11 paid scheduled holidays and 1 paid personal holiday.

Sick days are unpaid (unless you're salary). Hourly associates get 3 sick days a quarter; after that they could be disciplined. Perfect attendance though is a significant extra kicker, based on years of service, on your quarterly bonus check (hourly associates only).

Today was bonus day. 10.55% :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My job starts with 3 weeks pay and works up to 5 weeks after 10 years worked. We can always 'buy' extra vacation at the start of the year if we want more time off though. It's a nice option if you need the time off - technically you could take the whole year off if you wanted to.

I got paid out for my sick days today (didn't use any last year) $1550 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got...

0 sick days
0 vacation days
0 personal days.

If you call out everyone hates you. Nobody else ever calls out.

I take a half day once a year for doctors appointments. And it's pretty looked down on.

The best vacation you'll get is going away Saturday Sunday. And that's if you can get Saturday off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The_kid said:
I got... 0 sick days 0 vacation days 0 personal days. If you call out everyone hates you. Nobody else ever calls out. I take a half day once a year for doctors appointments. And it's pretty looked down on. The best vacation you'll get is going away Saturday Sunday. And that's if you can get Saturday off.
Sounds pretty chitty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
10 days vacation for less than 10 years

15 for 10-14 years

20 for 15+ years

12 personal (accrued one per month)

12 paid holidays (double time if you get called in on holidays).

We can only carry over 25 days of leave and 90 days of sick time. Otherwise it's paid at .50 cents on the dollar.

·
Registered
678 Posts
We get 5 days after one year and 10 days after five years.
All vacation time must be used within a year, since they don't allow you to roll over the time.
Or you can cash out
And you can't take all the time all at once unless the Check Writer signs off on using it all, which would be for like a death in the family or something.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts