Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Kind of a big deal here
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have one of these or something similar / better ideas? I need a way to keep paperwork squared away for the week away from the office... Laptop mount goes in Monday

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does anyone have one of these or something similar / better ideas? I need a way to keep paperwork squared away for the week away from the office... Laptop mount goes in Monday
At a company I used to work for I had the box between the seats mounted to the floor. It was great to store but didn't make a good desk if u have a gut. Might work for skinny folks.

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
The box sucks. Sits way to low and it's a collect all for junk. I have a bookshelf by Adrian steel mounted between my seats. Perfect for code book and part books. For writing on I use dollar store clip boards. It's the best system I can find.

Always thought a removable steering wheel like they have in nascar would be awesome in the vans. Easier for doing paper work or sitting down with lap top depending on how far advanced the company you work for is.

·
Kind of a big deal here
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chicken steve said:
I've the one from AV> I'll often write with one hand while eating lunch with the other going from one job to the next :jester: ~CS~
How is it for file storage? I need to keep about a dozen folders at a time with supply house receipts, time sheet, couple catalogs.

·
Conservitum Americum
9,075 Posts
I keep one of these in the door pocket of the van.

Keep a small envelope inside for receipts.

Take them out each week and do your paperwork easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My work van has that exact laptop holder. On the wall of the cab/cargo area divider it has a shelf systems similar to what you have in picture #2. I don't use a laptop often for its intended purpose but when I do it works well. On pizza Fridays the laptop holder keeps the box secure and in reach while driving. The shelf holds paper work associated materials well, pens, calculator, catalogue . But any binders go drivers door pocket.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I use the big ass metal console that came in my truck, just put anti slip rubber on top. Lid slides forward for top entry or slides back and folds toward the rear for front entry. All my paperwork goes in there.

Also works well for the iPad since FLIR and FLUKE have nice apps now.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,496 Posts
I've got the big one that goes in the middle between the seats. I love it. I went to the office supply store and bought a file folder thing to go in it. I can put all my receipts, booklets, etc. in the thing. I can also fit my extra business cards and a few other items with room to spare.

The only down side, now I can't fit a 5 gallon bucket between the seats for garbage.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,669 Posts
Rubbermaid bin fits exactly between seats for Ford or Chevy vans. The lid is the desktop. Inside is filled to the top with Snickers bars and hello kitty pencils. I learned these office procedures while changing ballasts in office highrises during evening hours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.