Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has a vanity phone # or 800 # for their business?

I would like to look into this and was wondering where to start, what to expect to pay.

I also would like it to forward to my current phone #

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
591 Posts
We have an 800#, but really don't use it much anymore.

Many of our projects are in different exchange areas and calls were often long distance, but since emailing, texting and mobile plans have become so common place, the 800 line has pretty much become obsolete.

We still have it up for some customer use, but it really isn't worth what we pay for it anymore.

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
Thomps said:
We have an 800#, but really don't use it much anymore. Many of our projects are in different exchange areas and calls were often long distance, but since emailing, texting and mobile plans have become so common place, the 800 line has pretty much become obsolete. We still have it up for some customer use, but it really isn't worth what we pay for it anymore.
I'd have to agree with this.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
We have one , but it goes to a call centre who email the contact info to our phones and we return their call. We pay a small amount per month, like 20 bucks or something , then charged If memory serves like a buck a call under a min .
Not really worth it, but I'm still on the tools and can't constantly be interrupted on job.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,495 Posts
We have a bunch of 800 numbers and local area code numbers. Mostly just for advertising tracking and for a local feel. You can get them for about $5 to $10 a month, pretty cheap investment to track your advertising with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.