Electrician Talk banner

Very odd 125v Thermostat?....

880 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  John Valdes
Hi there, new to the forum. I recently purchased an older condo (built in the 60s) and have been in the process of renovating the place.

I have 2 odd issues, any info would be greatly appreciated.

1) The thermostat that came with the place looks archaic at best, so I thought I'd take it off, and swap it out with a Nest. I took it apart and my multi-meter shows 125v....After that I got completely confused. All the info I can get online to update the thermostat ends up pointing me towards things designed for floor heating :vs_mad:

2) When taking a look at the property, I assumed the bathroom had some sort of vent. I come to find out later that it is a heater...I can't believe that this place was allowed to pass inspection without some sort of window or vent..Do you think it's possible to remove this ancient heater, and put in a wall vent? Behind the heater it appears to vent up into the attic.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to be as detailed as possible. I'm new to renovating, so pardon my ignorance.

Thanks for any info! :smile:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,921 Posts
Hmmm, didn't you just post this on the Facebook Google home page?
You got your answer there...
Call a professional

Retired
18,708 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com.
Working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Best Regards
John Valdes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.