Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi forum,i was curious if you may know of any sites that can give a coherent explaination of the final settings for merlin gerin vigi units,ie alarmlight flashes etc on combined usages of mccbs and rccds.
reasons because main incomer is bs 88gg 160 amp fuses type 11 secondary isolator fuses bs 88type11(lol i know)and mccb/rccd at 160a with 3 vigi settings,which has alarm showing amber at lowest settings,the ac control panel sets the alarm flashing and the ac install guys says its on our side of install,our side of install tests clear of residual current.
thanks and hi again.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Thanks for the intro so we know so much about you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just be care when ordering and using Merlin Gerin MCB's and Vigi blocks, they wont fit into all distribution boards with Busbars. Although they all mount on Din rail, the height of connections to the bus are not the same as say Clipsal, HPM, Seimens, or any other common panel mount Circuit breaker.

Merlin Gerin Vigi block RCD's mount next to the breaker with bus connection links to the breaker, and must be the same class as the breaker, ie C60 C/B and C60 Vigi block. Try the Telemecanque website for the technical data on Merlin Gerin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.