Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a service call to replace/fix a receptacle in vinyl siding. My buddy says the receptacle is messed up in how it mounts and it’s also missing the bubble cover portion. Hoping you guys can see the picture and tell me what model number it is and I can order get a new one.

Attachments

·
Estwing magic
25,445 Posts
That looks like a 15 minute job that will take an hour. I’m thinking almost any bubble cover will work with a little trimming and a few swear words.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah and this dang place is a good ways from anywhere. Not something you want to get to and realize you don't have the parts to make it work. Thinking of buying just any Intermatic cover and hoping the bubble conver part will work. Also thinking of taking an Arlington retrofit at the same time in case I have to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Looks like wp1000RC. Don't think they make it any more.
It looks like you can get the 1000RC at Platt but it looks a bit different then your photo. There are so many different form factors for in use covers if you search the web. Unfortunately they are not cheap and would be hard to return if they didn't fit. I guess if you have a use for them on another job you could buy a couple of different ones and take them with you to see if you could adapt one and if that failed you might still be useful on another job.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would bring a few different sized extension rings and clear call and I'm sure you can make whatever you can get work

·
Estwing magic
25,445 Posts
I feel your pain. Last time I did something like this it was an HO special and everything about it was wrong. It was an hour and a half out of town in the middle of winter and I froze my fingers off.

The worst thing was I got stiffed for the bill. He was a good payer and then disappeared. He was a heavy smoker and not very healthy. Maybe he died.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's not vinyl, it's hardy plank.

If you pull it all off, there should be a box at the bottom with decent cuts around it.

Remove, replace, move along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts