Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I use Wago lever nuts for almost everything, love that they made a smaller version as that was my only ever complaint about them :thumbsup:
They could do one better.

They don't have a 4 port, you have to use a 5 port if you only spice 4 wires. That's not that big of a deal, but sometimes the 5 port is too big for those old metal boxes.

So I think they should make a 4 port, but instead of having it longways like the 5 port, they should have it over and under. Like this:

OO
OO

Two levers would stick out on each side. It would be about the size of a normal wirenut, and the square configuration would fit better IMO.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I haven't had a failure of a push-in Wago in five years. I'll stick with the push-ins. Lever nuts would be good for stranded, though.
Do you use them all the time? Or do you still use wirenuts sometimes?

Also, do you like the Spliceline Inline connector for extending wires in panel changes and stuff? It's the same as a normal Wago, only straight thru.

Splice%20Wires%20Easily%20with%20this%20Connector%20-%20DIY%20Advice%20Blog%20-%20Family%20Hand.jpeg

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
They are just to much money to make it worth using them. Hell I can get 1000 tans for 65 bucks or so.
They seem kinda amateurish to me.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They are just to much money to make it worth using them. Hell I can get 1000 tans for 65 bucks or so.
They seem kinda amateurish to me.
I've added $5 to every job I quote since I started using them. I used to add a $15 "incidental" fee onto every job, now it's $20. So it's actually made me money.

As for being amateurish, you can say that about all the advancements they have made in electrical material over the years. Innovative companies like Arlington make things easier and better for us.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,418 Posts
Could you please leave 4 or 5 of them next to the King Kamehameha statue so I could try them out? I've never seen them anywhere around here.

Reactions: Majewski

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,461 Posts
Do you use them all the time? Or do you still use wirenuts sometimes?

Also, do you like the Spliceline Inline connector for extending wires in panel changes and stuff? It's the same as a normal Wago, only straight thru.

View attachment 82193
Those look great for use just as pictured. I have only used the styles that were sent as samples from a supplier, didn't know this style was out there.

·
Big nosed attic troll
7,568 Posts
I have a case of em.... Rarely use em but sometimes they're useful as shown in the picture. Mike want me to mail you some? Lol

·
Senile Member
32,418 Posts
I have a case of em.... Rarely use em but sometimes they're useful as shown in the picture. Mike want me to mail you some? Lol
Just leave em by the statue so Hax doesn't find my address out will be fine.
I'll sneak in at dark and grab em....

Reactions: Majewski

·
Big nosed attic troll
7,568 Posts
Easy peasy, what I'll do is carrier pigeon them tonight!

·
Senile Member
32,418 Posts
I know that if you ever set foot on the beach at Lavallette I would show you who's the top boogie boarder in the nation.
You wouldn't have enough balls to go out boogie boarding in waves the size of the ones I have.............

·
Registered
153 Posts
Most of them sold in America say 20A on them, but the ones I got say 32A, which I believe are the Canadian or European models.

If they could handle 32A, I'm not worried about 20A.

But if it's something like a heater that will draw lows of current for solid periods of time, I will usually splice the old fashioned way.

still using electrical tape on top of it?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts