Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer is having issues with an older wall mount oven, Frigidaire Model RE-94 electric oven.
Does anyone have a link for a schematic diagram for this model?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
I don't see a manual online so either ohm things out or let the appliance guy handle it.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
THIS is the closest I have found to help you out.

But as Dennis said ring it out and make your own schematic to keep in your records.;)

·
Registered
Electrician
4,402 Posts
I fixed one of those about a year ago. No schematics, I just traced everything out. Turns out it was a bad timer. It had the old analog timers that you had to manually move the hands to set.
They didn't use the timer so I just bypassed it.

So just dig in and trace it out. Or as was said...."call the man"!;)

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Call fridgidaire with the model and serial. I know GE emails or mails the wiring diagrams over I would assume Frigidaire does it.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Customer is having issues with an older wall mount oven, Frigidaire Model RE-94 electric oven.
Does anyone have a link for a schematic diagram for this model?
Thanks,
Rick
You look inside? A heck of a lot of residential appliances have an envelope, piece of paper, or sticker inside with everything you need.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Just to add, if the model is from when Frigidaire was owned by general motors than good luck, only option would be to disconnect one a t a time, ohm, then trace.

If the oven is indeed General motors vintage consider getting a new oven. The new ones maintain far more even temperatures.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
I just looked that model up, and it's been obsoleted for a very long time now. There's only about 3 parts still listed as available, and none of them useful to most people. The common stuff, like the clock board and selector switches are no longer available. Heck, the bake element is even obsolete and not available. What does a new wall oven cost that's similar? A pretty plain one from Sears is around 500 bucks.

·
Registered
14,470 Posts
Sometimes its just time to put old appliances down. This is one.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Sometimes its just time to put old appliances down. This is one.
I agree. If it was mine, I'd get a new one, but... right after the holidays; that can be a tough nut to swallow for some people. If it was in a rental, where keeping costs down can sometimes be important to the business model, it's worth a quick look-see just to make sure a wire didn't burn off or something simple.

·
Registered
14,470 Posts
Yeah true. I fixed a friends old maytag dryer for the cost of a sta-kon, some mtw and a tan twister the other night.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesterday I managed to get it working, but I wanted to see if there was something I was missing, anything simple.
They plan on replacing both the cook-top & wall oven later this year when they remodel the kitchen.
Dennis, I am not trying to be a jerk, I am just curious. You mentioned calling the appliance repairman. Where you are located/work, don't electricians fix appliances?
Ever since I was on the submarines, electricians do anything & everything that has wires associated with it. Sometimes it really sucked and made for some long hours, but that experience helped me in my civilian electrician job. I would not trade that for anything.
Thanks for the input,
Rick

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Yesterday I managed to get it working, but I wanted to see if there was something I was missing, anything simple.
They plan on replacing both the cook-top & wall oven later this year when they remodel the kitchen.
Dennis, I am not trying to be a jerk, I am just curious. You mentioned calling the appliance repairman. Where you are located/work, don't electricians fix appliances?
Ever since I was on the submarines, electricians do anything & everything that has wires associated with it. Sometimes it really sucked and made for some long hours, but that experience helped me in my civilian electrician job. I would not trade that for anything.
Thanks for the input,
Rick
As a rule, I don't "fix appliances", but if it's one of those "while you're here, can you look at...." deals, I'll take a look. My problem is getting parts at less than retail. Most of time they'd be better (cheaper) going with a guy that specializes in that.

Reactions: dspiffy and wildleg
1 - 14 of 14 Posts