Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have been wanting to do for over 20yrs. I took vocational school back when I was in High School. Joined military and retired and want to do something I like and different from I use to do in the military. I do have DIY experience but would like to do this for a living. I preferably would like to work on residential. What I want to know is what kind of certifications I would need to do this kind of work...And then maybe later on expand on it. Eventually I would like to start my own business doing this too. Can anyone provide me some information that would help me out?...

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is something I have been wanting to do for over 20yrs. I took vocational school back when I was in High School. Joined military and retired and want to do something I like and different from I use to do in the military. I do have DIY experience but would like to do this for a living. I preferably would like to work on residential. What I want to know is what kind of certifications I would need to do this kind of work...And then maybe later on expand on it. Eventually I would like to start my own business doing this too. Can anyone provide me some information that would help me out?...
I am not an expert and I am asking questions and learning in this forum too. Have a look at my thread if there are any ideas that might inspire you:
http://www.electriciantalk.com/f3/newbie-chicago-some-questions-54929/

or contact your local, just another idea.

I am sure they "guys" here will have some more specific advice.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hello Chris:),,,,Welcome to ET and thank you for your service...:thumbup:

Check this out so you can get on the right track..

http://www.ncbeec.org/modules/content/index.php?id=1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts