Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Drew and I live in central, IL.. I am interested in applying at the local union hall as an apprentice, but I am nervous about the test, would like to make a good first impression. I have been a self employed general contractor for 8 years and do not specialize in anything. I am fairly familiar with residential electrical code but have never worked under a licensed electrician. I am 39, tired of the rat race, and ready for a career.

I have not taken an aptitude test in many years, and this makes me nervous. Many years have passed since algebra and trig classes. I have a week to prepare if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Of all the trades, the brotherhood of electricians is my first choice, really don't want to end up a pipe fitter after all.

thanks,
Drew

·
Local 134 - A Card
200 Posts
If you have a fax number or email address, I can scan-email/fax you the practice questions I was given. I took 2 different tests for 2 different Electrician Locals here in the Chicago land area and the tests were COMPLETELY different. One test was more basic math but a lot of questions in a short period of time and the other test was more involved algebra but less questions... The study manual i have that I can forward you was from Local 134's test in Chicago.

Hope i can help with your journey!

·
Local 134 - A Card
200 Posts
Hello all, my name is Drew and I live in central, IL.. I am interested in applying at the local union hall as an apprentice, but I am nervous about the test, would like to make a good first impression. I have been a self employed general contractor for 8 years and do not specialize in anything. I am fairly familiar with residential electrical code but have never worked under a licensed electrician. I am 39, tired of the rat race, and ready for a career.

I have not taken an aptitude test in many years, and this makes me nervous. Many years have passed since algebra and trig classes. I have a week to prepare if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Of all the trades, the brotherhood of electricians is my first choice, really don't want to end up a pipe fitter after all.

thanks,
Drew
I just posted a thread just for you bud:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.