1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Jordan.M said:
I'd be weary of this, CAT doesn't make phones. A amazing non smartphone that is practically indestructible casio's commando line, they have better carriers too. Knew a guy who would surf with one of these, even made a call to someone while riding a wave and falling into 10ft shorebreak. http://www.casiogzone.com/us/ http://www.casiogzone.com/us/ravine2/index.html (Must rugged)
Cat does offer a phone. Do they make it? No. Neither does Apple, just ask Foxconn. What does that matter if the phone is well built? Does Casio make theirs? Probably not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cat does offer a phone. Do they make it? No. Neither does Apple, just ask Foxconn. What does that matter if the phone is well built? Does Casio make theirs? Probably not.
Its true, but this is CAT's first phone? If so its going to have lots of first time issues/bugs to be worked out. They have no main carriers- not a problem if you don't use them, but most people are locked in with Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T . All I'm saying is I KNOW that casio makes good products, they're watches never got messed up in heavy surf for me, and their phones are the same.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get a real phone and pit it in a good case.
I use the lifeproof on my iphone 5s
That thing is amazing, lifetime warranty, waterproof, shockproof from 6 feet. Damn good case and its really slim too. Otterbox armor and defender are not bad either.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Jordan.M said:
I use the lifeproof on my iphone 5s That thing is amazing, lifetime warranty, waterproof, shockproof from 6 feet. Damn good case and its really slim too. Otterbox armor and defender are not bad either.
I had the rugby pro lte and loved it. Now I also use the 5s in a Lifeproof Fre. There is no way the Lifeproof is going to protect much from a good fall. I hope I never have to find out. The otterbox defender is a huge POS now, the rubber deforms easily and dirt and dust seem to get sucked into the case. The Armor is ok if you want to relive the good old days of carrying a brick phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Google Casio commando 4g lte. I had the one before that. I put it in a cup of water and had people call it. I've even had it in the pocket of swim trunks and jumped in a lake and feared it would fall out or my pocket or slip out my had as I tried to put it on the dock. No problems.

Coworker dropped his phone and shattered screen. Right after I dropped mine by raising my hand over my head... no problem.

Jumping in the lake with it in my pocket was an accident.

Here I did it for you.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/browse/deviceDetails.jsp?deviceProdId=dev1040021#

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
I use this. Kind of clumsy but I only take the phone out of its case when it's in a safe place:

lol, that's histerical :laughing:

No wonder so many of you are against working live, you're all clumsy and irresponsible.

Hold onto your damn phone, don't drop it and you won't have to carry it around in fort knox :thumbup:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hack Work said:
lol, that's histerical :laughing: No wonder so many of you are against working live, you're all clumsy and irresponsible. Hold onto your damn phone, don't drop it and you won't have to carry it around in fort knox :thumbup:
You must think you are so clever! Sneaking in a Pro-live comment like that! OMG it is true, safety is really a myth! You are the coolest guy in the world! What I would give to be so awesome!

You keep on rocking !

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
You must think you are so clever! Sneaking in a Pro-live comment like that! OMG it is true, safety is really a myth! You are the coolest guy in the world! What I would give to be so awesome!

You keep on rocking !
I'm literally blushing right now. Keep the compliments coming :thumbup::thumbup::laughing:

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
It looks like a new version of the Samsung Rugby pro LTE. We have a few of those suckers and give them to our guys. Virtually indestructible phones. I'm sure CAT is having these made by Samsung or something like that.

·
Estwing magic
26,767 Posts
lol, that's histerical :laughing:

No wonder so many of you are against working live, you're all clumsy and irresponsible.

Hold onto your damn phone, don't drop it and you won't have to carry it around in fort knox :thumbup:
If I had three arms and hands I would work with two of them and hold on to my phone with the other.

But I am not a mutant.

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
I'd be weary of this, CAT doesn't make phones. A amazing non smartphone that is practically indestructible casio's commando line, they have better carriers too. Knew a guy who would surf with one of these, even made a call to someone while riding a wave and falling into 10ft shorebreak.

http://www.casiogzone.com/us/
http://www.casiogzone.com/us/commando/ (Smart phone version)
http://www.casiogzone.com/us/ravine2/index.html (Must rugged)

Our guys without smartphones have the ravine2. They are tough phones. They will easily take a 10' fall and get dropped in a puddle

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a b15 to, its got a android os. It is kind of slow and has little internal memory so your limited to what apps you can have on it. It does however have the slot for a external sd card.

I've dropped mine many times from 12' ladders, still seems to be okay. I kissed a tree with my sled the other day and the phone cushioned the impact, it got a nice dent on the side but still works. In regards to water proof, I have dropped it in snow and 'washed' the phone under the tap and it still works good just make sure you keep the headphone jack and micro usb ports closed up.

Mine also came unlocked so it could be used with any carrier, no one carries them in Canada so I ordered it from fleebay.

·
Lucky to be Alive
345 Posts
sgdsmalley said:
I have the CAT B15, only had it for 3 weeks now but no complaints yet. touchscreen works great in the rain :thumbsup:
Hands on: Cat B15 review
The brand that made your boots has a new Android phone
By Alex Roth May 21st 2013 2 COMMENTS

You probably know Cat or Caterpillar as the guys in yellow and black, makers of construction equipment and those boots the cool kids were wearing for a little while. Now you can add smartphones to that list, thanks to the Cat B15.

Actually, the phone is made by Bullitt Mobile, a licensee of Cat, and this isn't its first smartphone rodeo. Its already made a couple of phones under the Cat name, and it launched the Cat B15 at MWC 2013 in Barcelona. This rugged device has been available in Europe for a little while, and is making its North American debut at a pre-show event for CTIA 2013.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts