Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently discovered the greatest thing ever... Water levels . Anyone know the tubing that works the best for this? Im installing an electric fence and running stranded wire in between wooden posts. I have a string level , but it sucks.

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
You only need the sights to be clear, and use regular garden hose in between. Hardware stores sell the clear tube water level kit and they connect right to a standard garden hose.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to keep the water container at the same spot or the same level for it to work right. I'm having trouble seeing how you're going to do that on a fence. Use a laser and call it a day.

I used it all day today and it worked great. I wire tied it to the wooden post and put the water line on my mark, then marked the other post

Sent from my iPad using electriciantalk.com

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
they also make one that has an electronic 'beeper' at the other end, so one man can use it, up to the distance you can hear it. it goes around corners, too unlike a laser light!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.